C2TE S1 Flex Wall & Floor Tile Adhesive Grey and White Colour Option (25 Kg) Suitable For Porcelain Ceramic & Granite Tiles
Cement-based, single component adhesive mortar with high granulometric hydraulic binders. Modified to be highly-flexible, polymer reinforced adhesive mortar with, reduced slip feature and long workability.
- Wall & floor in interior applications of buildings, floor on exterior applications of buildings.
- Suitable for crowded and heavily trafficked areas.
- Surfaces with underfloor heating exposed to variable temperature differences. Wet areas such as bathroom & kitchens, terraces, Ceramic on ceramic applications, On surface like concrete, plaster an screed.
- Ceramic tile applications on old ceramic and granite surfaces
- Easy-to-use. Desired consistency can be achieved by mixing with water.
- Resistance to surface tension resulting from heat fluctuation.
- S1 class flexure. It has high adhesion strength.
- Does not slip in vertical applications.
- Long working time.
- Resistant to freeze-thaw cycle.
- The surface must be clean, dry, smooth and solid.
- Particles hampering adhesion like dirt, oil and paint must be removed from the surface.
- Cracks on surface must be repaired with REPAIR SW Waterproof structural repair mortar at least 24 hours prior to application.
- Dusty surface behind ceramics must be wiped and moistened before application.
- The surface should be dampened in applications above 30°C
- Slowly pour 25 kg GRANIMAX powder into 6.0-7.0lt water and thoroughly mix it for 3-4 minutes with a low-speed mixer until it becomes a smooth, homogeneous substance.
- Do not add any additional additives, unless mentioned in the instructions.
- Rest the prepared mortar for 5-10 minutes and stir it again for 1-2 minutes before application.
- Spread the mortar onto the substrate with notched trowel of which notch size is appropriate to the tile dimension and the smoothness of the application surface. Double-sided application is recommended as the size of the ceramic increases.
- Before combing, apply mortar on application surface and scrape to form a thin layer. Spread mortar again, and comb it using an appropriate sized trowel with a 60° incline.
- Ceramic, granite, porcelain ceramic, marble, etc. the coatings should be bonded within 30 minutes by applying a force with a rubber hammer onto the combed mortar. Unfavourable climatic conditions (high temperature, low humidity, wind, etc.) can reduce this time.
- In case of expiring mortar the entire non-sticking layer needs to be scraped away and a new adhesive layer reapplied to the cleaned surface.
- After 24 hours from the application of GRANIFIX, application is completed with FUGAFLEX Silicone additive flex tile grout according to the appropriate joint range.
- 25 kg Kraft Paper bag
- Shelf life of an unopened package stored in a dry, cool place is 12 months from the date of manufacture.
Warnings and Recommendations
- After application of GRANIMAX direct contact with water must be avoided for at least 24 hours.
- When applying to absorbent surfaces like light concrete, plasterboards and ytong, UA-34 must be used to form a thin layer in order to increase the bindingness of the surface.
- Do not breathe the powder or contact with skin or eyes as it is cement-based.
- After application, hands and applications tools should be thoroughly washed with water.
- During application, surface must be protected from wind and direct sunlight.